Friday, December 22, 2006

Update on Joshua

So, Joshua is going to be a huge baby, just because I guess! No gestational diabetes, my repeat test was even better than the first! He's healthy and even with as huge as he is right now (over 5 1/2 lbs) he's still moving and groovin all over the womb. While my due date isn't until Feb 2, 2007 I will be having him in January. There was no doubt about that even before we figured out he's big! I was to be induced around 39weeks just to make sure he comes before week 40. Well now that he's so big there is a possiblity that he'll be induced even earlier. No earlier than 37 weeks as that is considered full term but any time after January 12th would be fair game.
I see the OB next Thursday after Christmas then weekly there after. I'm having non-stress tests done every other week and growth ultrasounds have been every three weeks. Maybe more will be done as we get closer to the full term time. My OB is still out on his medical leave but the OB I found to replace him is very nice and I'm comfortable with him taking over my care. My perinatologist is very involved so I'm being watched closely. Oh I found out at my last appointment they have technically labeled Joshua as LGA which is large for gestational age!
Funny when Joey was IUGR intra-uterine growth restricted! I guess there's no argument from me how no two pregnancies are alike, even with the same parents!
So far, so good! Thanks all I can ask for. God has blessed me and my family very much and for that we are truly thankful.

No comments:

The Character Joey is most like....

You Are Elmo
Sweet and innocent, you expect everyone to adore you. And they usually do! You are usually feeling: Talkative. You've got tons of stories to tell. And when you aren't talking, you're laughing. You are famous for: Being popular, though no one knows why. Middle aged women especially like you. How you life your life: With an open heart. "Elmo loves you!"